Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Help, My Mom Won't Come To Visit!


Today, Biff ... ummmmm ... well, he thinks ... uhhhh, that is, he wonders ... well, just read on, and see for yourself:

Dear Biff,

I am at the end of my wits.

My husband and my mother have never gotten along well, but during my parent's last visit, things got uglier than usual.

My mother has always been outspoken, and she made some critical comments about my husband. He responded, telling her that if she found his company so displeasurable, she needn't force herself to endure it, and could ease her pain very simply: by leaving his house.

Of course, she stalked out. She then made my father cut short their visit by several days, and returned home (they live about a thousand miles away).

So, now the problem: the holidays are approaching, and my parents always fly out to visit us for the week between Christmas and New Year's Day. But, my mother phoned me this week to say that this year they would not be traveling to see us.

This will be the first year in our 15-year marriage that we have not spent the holidays together. What should I do?

Signed,

Hoping for a reconciliation


Dear Hope,

Let me see if I understand this correctly:

For the first time in 15 years, your husband does not have to spend his Christmas holiday being insulted in his own home by your overly critical, hypersensitive, domineering mother.

I don't see any problem here.

Next question?

I hope this helps.

Need advice on your relationship? Are you a wealthy single woman looking for a man to support? Do you have a lot of extra cash to invest in a questionable business venture? Write to biffhumble@redflagpublishing.com. And visit Red Flag Publishing to BUY OUR BOOKS!

No comments: